LIVE LOCAL SHOWS PICKS:
• Sunday, Girls Rock Campaign Boston showcase, ONCE, Somerville, 8:30 p.m. — The volunteer organization that offers programs for girls ages 8-17 to boost self-esteem and collaboration through music celebrates its ninth anniversary showcase with 10 new bands taking the stage in this all ages show.
• Monday, The Monday Discovery Series, Club Passim, Cambridge, 7 p.m. — This free show presents performances by the 2018 recipients of grants from Passim’s Iguana Music Fund, including Corey Laitman, Hawthorn Music, Oompa, Arc Iris, and The Winter Walk.
• Tuesday, Patty Griffin, Sanders Theatre, Cambridge, 8 p.m. — The groundbreaking Americana singer-songwriter and Maine native briefly lost her glorious voice during a recent battle with breast cancer, but is back in full throat now. It will undoubtedly sound even fuller in the rich embrace of the Sanders.
• Wednesday, The Dennis Brennan Band, Lizard Lounge, Cambridge, 9:30 p.m. — This is it … the final show of the season for the Boston legend and his stellar band. Due to heavy scheduling conflicts, they are taking an open-ended hiatus on this long-running residency with a promise to return sometime in the fall. Vocal dynamo Andrea Gillis performs the middle set.
• Thursday, Will Dailey, Plough and Stars, Cambridge, 10 p.m. — A rare intimate-space show for the ever-popular Dailey as he brings a full band for Night No. 1 of The Plough and Stars 50th Birthday Party.
• Friday, Session Americana, Spire Center, Plymouth, 7 p.m. — A mini April tour of the Northeast by the Boston area favorites hits Plymouth with guest Ali McGuirk — a frequent collaborator — joining the fun.
• Saturday, McNeill, Lizard Lounge, 9 p.m. — Irrepressible Irish rocker Christian McNeill plays his last full band show for a piece in the cozy confines of the Lizard. The Brennan-led blues band the White Owls promise to open the evening with an explosion.